Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weekend Musing - a day late!

It's now 3:00 AM. For at least three years now I've been staying up and watching AC360. Sometimes it is not such a good idea, watching something upsetting or sad right before going to sleep. Other times it is helpful when Anderson does something funny, lighthearted, or ends the show with a giggle and a "goodnight or see you tomorrow". I read tonight on another blog that there.

I will miss the live AC360. You never knew what was going to happen. Sometimes the give and take between Anderson and whoever did the bulletin would take a strange turn and something humorous would come out of it. Taped versions are too perfect and you lose the spontaneity that brings out the best in Anderson.

Sometimes I wish I had the power some other blogs seem to have. They didn't like the live two hours and after constantly complaining, CNN took away the second hour and went to a repeat. They are complaining again about the stories and now more changes are coming. Wouldn't it be nice if all of us were listened to so intently and people rushed to do our bidding?

I have always thought highly of AC 360, the show and the man. His big heart and compassion, his intelligence and quick wit, and his genuine caring for those less fortunate add a touch of humanity to the show that no other news program possesses. I hope they don't change too much and that they don't go away. Through all the hardships that have touched my life lately, I can't describe how much his stories have helped me by showing me that things could be worse and others all over the world are suffering too. I hope I will be lucky enough to meet the man someday and sit in the studio audience.

Until next time, God Bless!

I

No comments: